It is one of the Divisions of Networks departments that works on managing and developing the (Hardware Infrastructure) of the network .Its most important tasks are:
- Management, programming, and maintenance of Cisco network devices.
- Providing security services to protect the network from penetration.
- Management and maintenance of the towers that connect the university buildings with each other
- Monitoring the performance of the Internet system equipped with satellites
- Connecting additional lines to keep the network in line with the expansion at the university.
- Holding many seminars, courses, and workshops introducing the structure of the university network and its services.
Network Servers Division:
It is a division of the Networks Department which is responsible for installing, managing, and developing network servers and the university data center.
The most important tasks of the division:
- Managing the accounts of authorized users of university professors, employees, and students.
- Determining the usage policy in terms of package size, usage times, and permitted or disallowed sites
- Hosting the the University of Kufa e-learning system.
- Hosting many software and electronic services completed by the software department staff in the Information technology research and development Center.
- Updating the maintenance of servers and ensuring that they are working well
- Holding many courses, seminars, and workshops introducing the electronic systems and services provided by the division.
- Providing many services to users through servers, such as e-mail service, Windows driver updates service, local anti-virus, file sharing service, and server configuration service.