Information technology is a major factor in shaping the future of the contemporary world and one of the most important pillars of scientific development, progress and the transfer of developing societies to advanced societies.
Hence, the University of Kufa pays great attention and support to the field. The Computer Center was established in 1989 continuing to provide the university with all electronic services needed for more than two decades, as a result of these exerted efforts by the university comes the establishment of the Information technology and Research Center in 2010, which tasked the services of the Computer Center adding the academic dimension to it, to contribute supporting the university path in the service of both student and society.
The approval of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research to establish the Information technology and Research Center was obtained in accordance with the letter of the Research and Development Department, number B T / 580, dated January 24, 2010.
Creating an innovative scientific research system based on invention and the needs of the marketplace and society, it takes the responsibility for finding solutions to scientific and applications problems in the field of information technology in addition to working to raise the scientific and knowledge level of individuals and institutions, leading to an advanced information society.
Our mission revolves around providing scientific research in the field of information technology and creating a large developed base of researchers in addition to meeting the needs of the university, the marketplace and society with information technology services and preparing a highly professional staff.
- Promoting scientific research in the field of information technology through encouragement, follow-up, and providing technical support to researchers.
- Developing the electronic infrastructure of the University of Kufa to reach an integrated electronic university.
- Supporting the professional skills of the University employees and all those wishing to develop their skills from the employees of the state and the private sector by organizing training courses in the field.
- Improving methods and means of e-learning
- Establishing specialized and advanced research units in various branches of information technology.
- Employing and organizing the use of information technologies for all bodies and agencies that contribute to decision-making by providing technical advice.
- Exchanging experiences by making scientific agreements and protocols with the corresponding bodies and institutions at a local, regional and global levels.